March 11th saw the World Health Organization (WHO) declare a pandemic. This marked a change that immediately impacted our daily lives – our world has a new normal. In it, we need to rapidly adapt to change and healthcare data can show us what to tackle first.
Our ability to understand risk and anticipate spread of the novel coronavirus is inextricably linked to rapidly evolving data. What we know changes swiftly and yet our lives cannot completely stop; businesses still need to function. Now more than ever, we need to harness health analytics to guide companies through ongoing data-driven decisions as we react, recover, re-open, and plan for 2022.
A COVID-19 Analytics Agenda
HDMS recognized the opportunity to leverage our clinical and analytic experts to offer content to support companies that extend even beyond our own client base. We created an Analytics Agenda and shared supporting resources to best leverage health analytics to support your organization.
We recommended a framework of COVID-19 analytics that included these key focus areas in three phases:
- Acute: quantify your population vulnerabilities for strategic planning and resource management
- Short term: understand COVID costs, quantify cost offsets due to delayed or reduced care. Use this to re-plan the current benefit year, track wellness issues, and perform cost modeling for 2021
- New normal: use COVID insights to tune benefit plans for 2022, manage wellness in our new world, accelerate good health and prevention
HDMS clients should reach out to their Customer Experience team members for analytic templates that produce the results and metrics shared here.
Since we’re in Phase 3 – Adjusting to a new normal, our clinical and analytic expert resources have been digging into the following areas. We’re building new client-specific reports, and rolling out new content in Enlight. What’s hot?
- Mental Health: Leading indicators, trend stabilization, Mental health impact on chronic condition costs
- Deferred Care: Risk assessment and engagement strategies to offset foregone care
- Virtual Care: Billing inconsistencies (virtual care and telemedicine billing practices)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Care inequity baselines, Maternity & Fertility benefits, Transgender health
Check out our COVID-19 Analytics Agenda resources.
An Analytics Agenda for COVID-19 | Watch
A COVID-19 Cost Model – Tips and a Template | Watch
An Analytics Agenda for COVID-19 – Quantifying Deferred Care | Watch
Other Related HDMS Resources
LinkedIn Article: Data tells a hopeful story of COVID-19 | Read
Five Tips for Optimizing your COVID-19 Cost Model | Read
LinkedIn Article: A helping hand – a COVID-19 impact calculator | Read
Impact Calculator | Download
Countering COVID-19: Using phased data analytics to shape benefits plans | Read